Having the right equipment is the condition for an unclouded hiking experience. Heavy and bulky hiking equipment should be avoided, as excess weight affects stamina and reduces mobility. Nevertheless, it is essential to bring some important things.
Here is a checklist to help you pack for your hiking trip.
We provide free of charge:
- Hiking backpack – you find one in your room on arrival
- Hiking map – you find one in your room on arrival and is also available at the reception
- Weather protection (such as rain coat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a peaked cap)
- Sufficient drinks
- Blister plasters
- Mobile phone
- Hiking backpack
- Hiking map
- Telescopic walking sticks
- Nordic walking poles
You will need to bring your own hiking boots and wanderlust, though! Please also note the following rules of thumb for hiking in the mountains:
- Always bring a phone!
- Do not go alone!
- Tell someone about your whereabouts and destination!
- Avoid hazards such as getting caught in a rainstorm or in the dark!
- Keep to the beaten track, literally. Shortcuts can be dangerous!
- Many parapets and holds are not as reliable as they may seem! E.g. avoid hunting blinds etc.
- Behold the wildlife, but please do not disturb the animals! Their reaction cannot be predicted.
- Always keep dogs on a leash!